Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Struggles of Changing One's Inner Clock

How many of you have had to switch from working days to nights or vise versa? In the past six months. I have gone from working a twelve hour day schedule to working a fifteen hour day and night schedule to working a twelve hour night schedule to now having to switch back to a twelve hour day schedule. Wow, even when I look at it, it seems extreme.
Don't get me wrong, all these changes were good and necessary in order to bring me where I am today. I am now on the same work schedule as my wife for the first time in the twenty-three years we've been married. I am looking forward to the extra time we will have together.
All this being said, I find it hard to continually change my sleep pattern to match my schedule.
At this point, you're probably thinking, why are you talking about this? Because, I think that it is something that most of us deal with at some point in our working life and because it entails changing all other aspects of our lives. Think about it...when you change your work hours, you change your meal hours, your sleep hours, your relationship / communication hours and your social time. For me, it has meant all those things, plus finding the time to write and answer emails. So, now that I will be back on a "normal" day schedule, I am hoping to have more time to write and to blog and to answer emails from those who follow J. M. LeDuc. If you have any advise on how to make these changes easier, please let me know. You can comment on this blog or email me at jm_leduc@yahoo.com
Until next week,
J. M.
Below, you will find the link to "Cursed Blessing". Check it out and let me know what you think
http://www.amazon.com/Cursed-Blessing-Trilogy-Chose-ebook/dp/B005KMV70A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1315941786&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment